Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NadaDada 2010

I did not have a room in this year's NadaDada Motel, I did however participate in it. I helped my friend Adrian Kershaw with her room. We had a blast. The crowd was a little lighter because El Cortez did not want the artists there. It was quite a blow for the artist, I am sure as well as for the hotel. I know the event can get a little wild, but it felt safer and more contained with the El Cortez as the heart of the event. This year, I felt it was a little too spread out. Some of the artists were at the Townhouse Motor Lodge, some were at the El Ray others were scattered at other motels and at a local bar. It was very hard to see all of the rooms and art. It seemed as though not as many people came to the rooms, plus there were more "residents" in the motels which was very hard to deal with at times. There was no significant list of artists and their rooms, so that made it more difficult for the spectators to know where to go. Apparently, many people tried going into "resident" rooms, which increased the the frustration. I feel a committee is needed if this event is to be taken to the next level. I know everyone loves it - I love it - the people who come to see the art love it. But there needs to be some organization and more thought of how to move people through the rooms without frustration.

No comments: